Palmer Agri Parts Direct was originally started back in 1954 by Des Palmer as a blacksmiths shop. In 2004 Paul and Nicky Rowland took over the business and expanded it into a one stop shop for the agriculture sector. Paul is an Engineer by trade and was trained in the Agricultural/Engineering sector in Canterbury over 22 years ago. Palmer Agri Parts Direct also offers a fully equipped engineering workshop, on-site and field service work plus imports a range of cultivation and plough parts out of Europe. In 2013 Paul wanted to grow his business in the hand tool, power tool and machinery market so he has recently joined the ToolShed Group.